The Canadian Perinatal Wellness Collective
If you’re a mom or parent or expecting a new baby, and you have a feeling you need some support, you’re in the right place. We’re an online mental health counselling organization for moms, pregnant people, and families across Canada.
We’ve built an amazing team of therapists across Canada
You can view our entire team here, but you’ll need to head to our new counselling website to learn more about the therapists, ask questions about counselling, and book your sessions.
Sali El Sadig
Newfoundland and Labrador
We are currently looking to hire therapists in: PEI, New Brunswick, and Quebec. Clients located in Yukon, Northwest Territory and Nunavut are welcome to book with therapists in BC, Alberta , Saskatchewan, or Manitoba.
Who We Support
You are in the right place
At least one in five moms experience postpartum depression or anxiety, and most moms have a harder time adjusting to motherhood than they expected. So let’s face it: becoming a mom can be incredibly challenging and create so many new layers of stress, anxiety, and interpersonal challenges that you never could have seen coming.
Moms and moms-to-be come to us for support as they adjust to this phase of life and the hurdles that come with it.
Common Challenges We Address In Our Sessions:
- Postpartum and pregnancy anxiety, depression and mood challenges
- Intrusive or scary thoughts
- Relationship changes or difficulties
- Rebuilding intimacy and sex
- Identity transitions, or not feeling like yourself anymore
- Birth trauma or disappointing birth experiences
- Feeling blue, low, or uninspired
- Fertility challenges
- Pregnancy loss and stillbirth
- Making decisions regarding family planning
- Not feeling prepared for how your life would change
- Managing life stress, changing roles, family dynamics
- Returning to work
- Grief and loss
Our Beliefs and Values
What we stand for
These statements define our values and work as mental health therapists:
- A mother’s mental wellbeing has a direct impact on her family life, relationship, and child’s happiness.
- You are worthy of your own love, compassion, self-care, and acceptance.
- You have permission to write your own rulebook and define your values in motherhood.
- You are more than “just a mom” and deserve to be fulfilled intellectually, socially, creatively, physically, and spiritually.
- Your experience from your fertility journey to birth to the postpartum years has a huge impact on your mental health and identity.
- There’s no wrong way to feel in motherhood and you have permission to feel the way you do without judgment from yourself or others.
- Postpartum depression and anxiety are some of the most prevalent mental health illnesses but yet they’re one of the most misunderstood and undertreated. One in five moms suffers. All of those moms are worthy of treatment and adequate support.
- Historical oppression, racism, and family trauma can contribute to mood disorders for moms. This includes moms who are Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour.
- Moms from marginalized communities are at risk for childbirth trauma, postpartum depression and anxiety, and they’re more likely to have a harder time accessing mental health support.
- Not all clients identify as cisgender women. We work to be inclusive and accommodating for trans clients and all birthing people seeking support.
- Those who have a history with depression, anxiety or any other mental health illnesses are more likely to suffer in motherhood.
- We consciously work towards inclusivity with language, graphics, examples in coursework, business partners, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES ONLINE COUNSELING WORK?
You don’t need to download anything. All you need is an up-to-date browser (Chrome works well) and a good internet connection.
CAN I USE MY IPAD OR OTHER DEVICES?
HOW DOES BILLING, PAYMENT AND INSURANCE WORK?
After each session, you’ll have a balance in your “billing area” in your client account. We ask that this is paid immediately. All payment information is kept for you in your online account (which you can access from my website). You can make payments with a credit card.
Many extended health benefit plans cover counseling from either Registered Counsellors and/or Registered Social Workers, however, this varies from province to province in Canada. Make sure you check with your provider directly and understand your coverage before booking. We do not offer direct billing.
WHAT PROVINCES YOU SEE IN CLIENTS?
WHERE IS YOUR OFFICE LOCATED?
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO BE IN COUNSELING FOR?
Contact me for more Questions